There are many ways that you can make money online as a single mom. These are jobs that require you to invest your time and effort to make money for you and your family. You should be serious when venturing into online work because these jobs are just like any other business that require hard work and professionalism.
If you venture in selling items online, you should be able to provide your audience with a properly detailed description of your item with professional photographs.
1. Get Paid by Websites to Do Something
There are websites that will pay you when you do certain things such as shopping and surveys that involve filling out short forms. You may also be required to test their products and give them a review online.
- InboxDollars also offer you online surveys with their search engine and give you $5 when you signup.
- Project Payday this site gives you trial products, and pays you to give reviews on the new product.
- User Testing pays you $10 for testing new websites which take up to 20 mins.
- Fiverr is a site where everything cost flat rate $5, you can be able to sell anything at $5
- IZEA you will get paid to blog, take photos, and videos, and tweet based on your following.
2. Freelance writing jobs
Freelance writing is one of the most popular ways of making money online. Established freelancers earn anywhere from 50 cents to $1 per word in their writing. It starts by building a good portfolio that explains in detail, all your achievements as a writer and a good resume. Writing requires dedication and time.
- Listverse this site will pay you $100 for each accepted article, each article must be at least 1,500 words of at least ten listed items.
- TopTenz will pay you $50 for a list of 1,500 words if they accept your article.
- A List Apart you will get paid $200 for each approved post with a minimum of 1500 words.
- International Living will pay you $75 for each approved post about your life experiences.
- FundsforWriters will pay you $50 for each approved post of 500-600 words.
- Uxbooth will pay you $100 for each approved article.
- iWriter pays you $15 for each approved article.
The above sites can help you and put you in the right direction to submit your writing to. If you are not an experienced writer, you should not expect to start earning decent money right away, but be patient and with time, as your writing skill sharpens, you will have the opportunity to start earning good income.
Read our guide on how to be a freelancer.
3. Selling Items Online
Online auctions are a great way to earn money where you may sell items that you already have, or you may buy from other people and sell to your customers. Before venturing into online, selling you should start by fulfilling some few crucial requirements to be successful.
Some of the things you need to know are that you should have a PayPal account because that is the standard mode of payment in an online transaction. Make sure you take good photos of the items that you intend to sell online. Give the customers the whole truth about the item, if it is second hand or how far it’s worn out this is to avoid customers declining the item after delivery.
Some of the sites that you can use to sell items include:
- Amazon will let you sell items through their website and take care of the tiresome arrangement of shipment at commission
- CraigsList does all the work for you when selling an item and you don’t even have to communicate with the customer directly.
- eBay gives you a store in their online market where you can sell your items.
- Etsy is a site for single moms who want to sell art and crafts.
We’ve written a guide to selling items on Ebay — make sure you read it.
Blogging requires patience, discipline, and persistence to be able to earn any money. You may find yourself writing each day for a long time before you actually make any money. It takes time to build a good blog, your authority and brand, to increase the traffic to your blog.
When your blog has enough traffic, you can incorporate these strategies to help you earn money:
- Sponsored/paid posts
Check out some of our article about niche marketing that gives an overview on how to get started.
5. Work at Online Companies
These are companies that hire you to work from home, in your specific niche. You will be able to work for different companies and at the same time earn money in other ways online. Some of the companies are the following:
- CrowdSource has a wide variety of jobs for you such as writing and editing.
- Demand Studios hires creative people such as filmmakers and writers.
- Fast Chart has work for medical transcriptionist.
- Leap Force involves viewing and ranking websites and you may earn up to $11/hour.
- Liveops pays up to $10/hour, taking calls.
- SpeakWrite involves transcribing information and you can make up to $15/hour.
6. Get Paid to Watch Videos
Companies such as Swagbucks pay you for watching certain videos online, because the videos are sponsored by companies. Each time you watch one of these videos you will be credited with SBs points which can be redeemed for PayPal or gift cards. You may sign up here, link.
7. Selling Your Junk Mail
If you have a lot of junk mail, you can make some cash by selling it to SBK Center , which is a market research company that gives you a Visa prepaid card for the junk mail. You may find more information from here.
8. Rent your Clothes
Do you have a lot of clothes that you probably don’t wear anymore? There are sites which can help you rent them to other people for a fee.
9. Test Knitting
Single moms who know all about knitting can enjoy this job as they get paid to knit. There are many sites that register test knitters and contact you when there is a project. Ravelry consists of a group of knitters and you can register on the master list of testers. You will be given the requirements of the project such as the size, pattern, yarn weight, needles and amount. You may compete on projects and provide feedbacks after meeting the deadline, make corrections to the pattern instruction and get $20 credited to your virtual store.
10. Get Paid to Lose Weight
There are sites that will let you put a wager on a certain amount of weight that you can lose at a specific time and pay you when you accomplish your wager. If you are in good shape, you can start a boot camp and earn $100 per hour or more. Some of the sites you can place a weight losing wager are:
11. Join Online Focus Groups
Focus groups are involved in checking the final product that will be presented to the customer such as TV commercials. They vary in size, but they offer some sort of compensation to the members in the form of a check in the mail or a gift card. You can join focus groups like the following:
12. Get Paid to give Information about the Contents of your Fridge
There is a company that will pay you to tell them what is in your fridge. They give you a scanner that you use to scan items in your fridge each time you come back from shopping and send them the data. You will be rewarded with gift points that you can redeem with different kind of merchandise from jewelry to household items and even toys. Use this site to register Nielsen Consumer Panel.
13. Become an Online Teacher
Becoming an online teacher is rewarding and a good opportunity to make money online. There are several sites that you can use to teach other people your skills. The skills that you can teach have no limits, it can be anything from baking brownies, putting on makeup to making balloon animals. You can go to the following sites to get more information to becoming an online teacher.
Whether you want to make an extra few dollars or if you’re thinking about starting a career working online, following the steps listed in this article will put you in the right direction.