Links and Resources
Job Opporunities We Recommend
- Sign up with Fiverr.com (sell your services for $5 to a huge active market place online).
- Check out RealWritingJobs.com (get a job writing articles!)
Register for the 10k Scholarship for Working Adults for a chance of winning $10,000 torwards
Below are some great websites that we have found very helpful and full of great information.
Single Mother Job Resources (singlemoms.org)
Articles of interest:
The Opt-Out Revolution (The New York Times)
Moms Sequence Back to Work (CBSNews.com)
Moms Mean Business (MSNBC.com)
Getting Back on Track (MSNBC.com)
Getting Back to work (Payscale.com)
Staffing firm factors in family (Chicago Tribune)
Moms find it easier to pop back into workforce (USA Today)
Best Jobs for parents returning to work (Money.com)
More companies find moms really work (MSNBC.com)
Flexibility Key to Retaining Women (Harvard Business School)
Motherhood Today—A Tougher Job, Less Ably Done (The Pew Research Center)
The New Mommy Track (U.S. News & World Report)
Based on lots of feedback from mothers who are getting ready to head back to work, we are offering “The Back-To-Work toolkit for purchase through our site. Please click here if you are interested in purchasing the toolkit. Whether you're a mom just beginning to consider your options, a woman looking for quality flexible work, or a mom who is ready to engage in an active job search now, this toolkit is for you! Nancy Collamer is a nationally recognized career counselor who has counseled many women in her own practice and advised millions of women online as the "Jobs and Moms Pro" for Oprah Winfrey's Oxygen Media. The advice on Jobsandmoms.com has been quoted in dozens of publications including The Wall Street Journal, Better Homes and Gardens, Fortune, Working Mother, MORE, The New York Times, CNN, Time, Money and Redbook.
Cali Yost Fast Company
- Don't Let "Flexibility Just Doesn't Work for Me"="I Don't Care If You Leave"...Because It Will
- 3 Business Truths That Give Work+Life Flex Credibility in Today's Economic Reality
- Squaring the Circle...in 5 Minutes! Expected Innovation/Quality vs. Employee Fear/Distrust
- We're "Flex-Friendly" and You Can Be Too
- Post-White House Flexibility Forum: Where Does Flexibility Go From Here...