President Obama Announces Council on Women and Girls
How exciting was yesterdays news that Obama has announced a Council on Women and Girls? In many ways I am surprised that one did not already exist (ok maybe not). However, so glad that one does exist now. One of the main issues that will be looked at by this council is work/life balance. Michelle has stated that her platform as First Lady is military families and work/life balance. Michelle is a great example of a woman/mother who was trying to continue her career and raise her children. Making this a top priority for the White House is one big step towards the discussion of making it work for approximately 5.6 million women in the US. Just the beginning!
Cali Yost Fast Company
- Don't Let "Flexibility Just Doesn't Work for Me"="I Don't Care If You Leave"...Because It Will
- 3 Business Truths That Give Work+Life Flex Credibility in Today's Economic Reality
- Squaring the Circle...in 5 Minutes! Expected Innovation/Quality vs. Employee Fear/Distrust
- We're "Flex-Friendly" and You Can Be Too
- Post-White House Flexibility Forum: Where Does Flexibility Go From Here...